ADVANCED NURSING FOOT CARE
Our treatments include:
- A wash with a medical foot cleanser
- Assess nails, skin and feel for any calluses, corns, dry skin or open areas.
- Trim nails, remove any ingrown.
- Remove corns if present and reduce any callused areas with dremel and finish with file.
- Apply moisturizer, use footlogix special cream if needed for cracked heels and give relaxing foot massage.
- Education to client and family in diabetes if necessary and taking care of your feet to keep you mobile.
Your Foot Care nurse will bring all the necessary equipment with her to your home; all you will need is a comfortable place to sit. Ask us about our FOOTLOGIX line, a pharmaceutical-based over-the-counter foot care line for the correction and treatment of athlete’s foot, fungal nails, eczema, dry skin and more. Our Foot Care services are covered by the Department of Veterans Affairs for veterans and we are recognized by most extended medical insurance companies. If you are experiencing any common or uncommon foot problems, call today to set up your appointment.
TIPS TO AVOID FOOT PROBLEMS:
- Wash your feet every day with lukewarm (not hot) water and mild soap.
- Dry your feet well, especially between the toes. Use a soft towel and pat gently; don’t rub.
- Keep the skin of your feet smooth by applying a cream or lanolin lotion, especially on the heels. If the skin is cracked, talk to your doctor about how to treat it.
- Keep your feet dry by dusting them with non-medicated powder before putting on shoes, socks or stockings.
- Check your feet every day. You may need a mirror to look at the bottoms of your feet. Call your doctor if you have redness, swelling, pain that doesn’t go away, numbness or tingling in any part of your foot.
- Don’t treat calluses, corns or bunions without talking to your doctor first.
- Cut toenails straight across to avoid ingrown toenails. It might help to soak your toenails in warm water to soften them before you cut them. File the edges of your toenails carefully.
- Don’t let your feet get too hot or too cold.
- Don’t go barefoot.
Fingernails on Request
House Calls Health & Wellness does offer trimming of fingernails on request for a nominal fee.
Common and Uncommon Foot Problems
Our feet are our foundation of living. Unfortunately, we often forget to take good care of our feet. Whether you have Diabetes, fungal nails, ingrown toenails, calluses or corns, our Certified Foot Care Nurse will be able to assist you and bring you some relief.