Staff are all licensed, in good standing within their associations and have yearly criminal record checks including vulnerable sectors. They are insured, WCB and where needed have Food Safe.
With each client a communication log is kept for all staff and all family. Sometimes family will phone in concerns and requests, other times they will leave written notes for staff. At the very least staff leave notes for family and chart notes for us on each visit. We keep electronic records on every visit on our server.
We are ready to serve you whenever and wherever you may need us. There are no contracts to sign or penalties if opting out of regular visits. People get sick, die, move to facilities or encounter financial strain. We do not penalize clients for anything. If they wish to stop services all we need is 48 hours’ notice.
We provide quality care for seniors, injury patients and those with disability. Our friendly staff continue to make House Calls the provider of choice for clients and their loved ones. At the heart of our services is an extraordinary team of members who undergo a comprehensive screening process and must comply with the standards set forth by government authorities.
We have a comprehensive screening process, where each candidate must successfully comply with the standards set forth for care to be in compliance with BC Healthcare standards and the Fraser Health Authority. House Calls Health and Wellness’ 28-point checklist is comprised of the following key requirements.
· All LPN’s are licenced and in good standing with BCCNP, renewed yearly;
· All Health Care Aides are registered with the BC Care Aides & Community Health Worker Registry;
· Have a good standing criminal background check, that is renewed yearly, including vulnerable sectors;
· We require every care work (LPN and Care Aide) to have their annual flu shot by December 1st of each year, as mandated by FHA;
· Current First Aid and CPR/C;
· A valid driver’s license and required business class vehicle insurance;
· Insured and have WCB coverage;
· Foodsafe and WHMIS are recommended as part of care aide portfolio and;
· Signed confidentiality, and policy and procedure agreement